Monday, October 13, 2008

Not happy!

Ok, obviously I wanted the Seahawk to win, so it shouldn't be suprising that I'm not happy about the way things turned out. But it's so much worse than that, they got beat and beat soundly by a team that didn't really play that well. It hurt in January when we got trounced at lambeau field after jumping out to an early 14 point lead, but it was a team with so many weapons on both sides of the ball, and they were really executing.

But this was different, I'll admit, because of injuries, we were missing just as many guys as the Packers were, but my problem was that we didn't get done the things we easily should have gotten done. Take the running game for example, we have good running backs that are perfectly healthy, we have a pro bowl left guard playing right next to a future HOF left tackle who was playing against a rookie and pass rusher who is terrible against the run, and he dominated them both on every single play! It doesn't take a genius to run the ball and run left! That's just common sense, I don't care if they will be expecting it because my point is they can't stop it. It's like if they put a linebacker on Randy Moss, they expect you to throw to him, but you still should.

And the Sea fence *shakes head* these guys are healthy for the most part and playing terribly. DE Patrick Kearney got beat, and that's ok, but we should have seen this coming, the Packer he went up against is not one to let people get to his quarterback, but Kearney really kept his hands full, and simply rushing Peterson from time to time would have paid huge dividends.

It was hard, because this is Holmgren's last year and I had high hopes of the wild and crazy things he was gonna do, but all I've seen so far is the trademark Holmgren cautiousness. We have time left and a weak division so we can still make the playoffs, but if we're gonna do anything when we get there, the team has got to play their hearts out.

No comments: